Welcome to Year 6
Hello and welcome to Year 6. We all hope you enjoy browsing through our page.
In English this term we have worked on Friend or Foe. We all enjoyed...
- reading as a class
- making predictions through speech and drama
- finding evidence in the text
- writing from the perspective of a character
- comparing characters
- writing news reports
We are currently working on journalistic writing - focusing on the rugby World Cup. We have...
- written a pre-test news report
- enjoyed writing headlines, sub headlines and introductions
- writing direct and indirect speech using videos from England Vs Wales
- using statistics to write sentences
- writing short sentences for effect within a paragraph
In Maths we like to keep lessons practical, fun and interesting. So far we have worked on the following areas...
- place value
- counting in fractions
- the four main operations
- pie charts
World War Two in Coventry
What a great topic to start the year! The children are already World War Two experts and have excelled when completing the following work...
- sequencing key events of World War Two
- researching a specific key event
- a day in the life of an evacuee at The Herbert Art Gallery
- discussing the impact of the Blitz/WW2 at The Coventry Transport Museum
- finding journalistic features from a news report based on a WW2 bomb being found in Coventry